Travel Talk Question
asked about 1 year and 8 months ago
My wife and I are planning a trip to explore Brazil - Bahia and Rio. We're in the planning stages and would like recommendations on where to go and what to see. Good food, good dancing and sights.
answered about 1 year and 8 months ago
My friend lives in Rio and came up with the following things to see and do in Rio. Hope it helps:
- Corcovado (personal note: do it on a clear day, the view is amazing and it would be a shame if you got to miss it because of clouds)
- Pao de Azucar (Sugar Loaf) --> the gondola you use to go up there was used in one of the James Bond movies
- Copacabana Beach (I remember I was recommended to not take my camera out because of robbers, but you HAVE to get at least one photo)
- Ipanema Beach (personally I found this a prettier beach than Copacabana)
- See if you can take an ORGANISED trip into the favelas (very important, do not undertake this by yourself because you will NOT come out alive)
- Praia Club
- The Week (best on Fridays)
- Vivo Rio
(The last two usually have 'special events' on. I don't know what that means but you might find out when you're there.)
- Porcao Rio
And if you have an extra day or so, visit Buzios. It's beautiful!!
Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.